I am beginning to witness many more articles on LinkedIn
that are of an energetic or spiritual nature in their examinations of the business
environment. This is no great surprise to me, as during my life/story this has
been my primary focus regardless of the situation I was in, either personal or professional.
Even early in my work life, I would often find myself serving as an empathic
listener and offering up suggestions to my managers for different ways of viewing
and approaching various situations, not all of them directly related to the
business at hand.
I believe the adage that “When the student is ready, the
teacher will appear.” Indeed, there are no accidents in life in this regard.
And sometimes the exact information or approach needed in a particular
situation will appear before you at the perfect time if you are open to it.
Thus it occurred when I discovered a book in my collection
that I purchased when it was published in 2008 but put away without reading: The
Spontaneous Healing of Belief: Shattering the Paradigm of False Limits
by Gregg Braden.
If you are unfamiliar with Mr. Braden, here is a summary from
greggbraden.com: “Gregg Braden is a multi-time New York Times
best-selling author, researcher, and international educator widely recognized
for bridging modern science, spirituality, and human potential. Drawing from a
background in earth sciences and technical operations in computer systems, his
work explores deep connections between quantum physics, ancient wisdom
traditions, and the mind-body relationship. Through his books, films, and
international lectures, he shares insights aimed at helping individuals better
understand human purpose, resilience, and personal transformation.
In The Spontaneous Healing of Belief: Shattering the
Paradigm of False Limits, Gregg Braden argues that human emotion and
belief act as a "reality code" capable of directly influencing
physical reality, our health, and our DNA.
There have been massive technological advancements made in
the 18 years since this book came out. Yet I witness the astounding turbulence
that we are individually and collectively encountering while striving to adapt to
and adopt them in the face of highly visible manifestations of fear and
accompanying emotions. I do not need to
list them all; you encounter them every day both in the “real world” and here
on LinkedIn.
Braden lists 31 “Belief Codes” in the book. I believe that examining
them with an open mind and heart may be a tremendous benefit to all drawn to
this material. What I will do is examine them here in a series of articles for
your consideration.
We all know that we are currently within a period of massive
change that is not going to recede. One can either be swept up by it while
hoping for mere survival, or choose to perceive both it and yourself in a
different light and thus navigate it to incredible new possibilities.
In my life/story, this has occurred with the advent of
personal computing and the mass rollout of the internet. There is no difference
with AI. How you choose to see it and thus create your reality is entirely up
to you. These Belief Codes can assist you with that. Let’s dive into the first
two.
Belief Code 1: Experiments show that the focus of our
attention changes reality itself and suggest that we live in an interactive
universe.
Have you ever been driving and had your attention
momentarily locked upon something other than the road ahead? Inevitably, the
direction of the car begins to follow the direction that your attention is
fixed upon. Thankfully, we now have Lane Departure Warning and Lane Keeping
Assist in our cars, helping us avoid drastic reactions to the situation.
Braden cites the scientific studies behind each point he
offers. In this case, it’s the fact that a wave of energy, when observed, can “lock
in” as a particle. The act of observation “changes” the state of reality. It is
important to recognize your role in the witnessed reality. This brings us to;
Belief Code 2: We live our lives based on what we believe
about our world, ourselves, our capabilities, and our limits.
“I can’t help it. It’s who I am.”
Have you ever taken the time to examine what that “Who I am”
contains, where it came from, and if these serve you well? Honestly, most of us
are so busy with running the survival loops of our life/stories that we never
take the time to slow down and actually examine what we’re authoring, mostly in
an unconscious fashion.
This, then, is the “direction” that the vehicle called “your
life” is headed. Personal life, social life, family life, business life… We
need a very large garage to house all these vehicles that belong to you! But
you’ll witness a great many commonalities when you stop to examine your beliefs
with deliberate intent.
We’ll continue soon with the next two Belief Codes. I
appreciate your attention!
No comments:
Post a Comment