Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Day of Rest and Joy


So, no prompt was forthcoming today from Trust30 HQ. The world did not end, there were no sinister repercussions and as far as I can tell, the world is still spinning in the correct orientation on its axis.

I have some fun with this because I get to choose if I want to write today or not. If I do write, I get to totally choose the subject, point of view and the words to express the mood I wish to convey.

...that "choice" thing again, you know?

So here's to a day of rest. I am richer for today, another "everything always works out" experience that made me smile in our drive to the wine and food pairing class as well as a delightful "attractive" story that came out of New York surrounding the Yankee captain, Derek Jeter, getting his 3,000th hit.

If you want to read a great story about appreciating the moment, asking for nothing and receiving more than you could have ever dreamed, here is a link:

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Derek-Jeter-3000-hits-fan-who-caught-ball-gets-sweet-ticket-deal-070911

It made me smile all day long. Ain't life grand?

1 comment: