Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Trust30: Change Your Thinking

“If you can’t change your fate, change your attitude.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson


At any given point in time, you’re only one thought away from changing your thinking. What thought can you change today?

I will take advantage of today's prompt to share my motto with you, one that really captures the spirit of this subject. To me, this is about being able and aware of capturing the energy of any given moment and choosing to pivot on the spot towards something that feels better.

Everything always works out.

If you want to use the "turbo" version; everything always works out and usually even better than I can imagine.

What does this do? It assumes the best. It sets the stage to expect the best.

It gives you breathing room in the now. Relax, take a breath. It always works out.

Do it often enough and it starts to build a chain. This chain is good quality and strings together what turns out to be good moments. In the case where the timing of everything takes longer to work out, it brings a big smile when distance brings perspective and that, "Well, I'll be..." moment when you see that it worked out almost magically.

Change your thinking, change your life. This is not new.

Do it enough and you start to feel the power behind it.

That's when the smile becomes automatic.

3 comments:

  1. Your right, it always does work out doesn't it? I do believe you have hit on something powerful here. You won't mind if I swipe it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and deny you good moments in your life? I'm not THAT selfish! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thoughts...especially the chain metaphor. I think I will put a post it note in front of me...'It all works out'. I would love to have that attitude. I could feel much more relaxed and less fearful. Thanks Rich! Take care.

    Peace, Nico

    ReplyDelete