Sunday, July 3, 2011

Trust30; day 34: What Would You Be


If a year from now you weren’t in the profession you’re currently in, what would you be in your wildest dreams?

"Wildest dreams" time, right?

For a long time, I have had an amazing Broadway musical experience dancing around my brain. It falls into the category of a "jukebox musical" because all of the songs are already published and performed by singer/songwriters from the very well known to the totally unknown.

I had put together two Cd's for the music, each lending themselves perfectly to one act. I have a title for this venture called "The Light Show" with the tag line "See The Light Show, Be The Light Show."

There is a sketched out basic treatment that I have yet to put dialogue to. I have seen many of the singers whose music would be part of this in concert venues around the NYC and Philly area and actually spoken with some of them about this long ago (in excess of five years) so I doubt that they would remember.

In my heart's wildest dreams, I see this show in production one year from now. I thrill at the excitement of it all and the passion of the performers, dancers and musical artists. This is something special, something that captures the highest in each of us and puts it on stage, inspiring and delighting audiences in the US and eventually, all around the world.

I have never committed this to any world outside of my internal version before so putting this out here is a wild and crazy gesture.

OK, so be it. Let the world explode into love all around me.

When you eventually see the show, you'll understand...

2 comments:

  1. I'll be first in line to see it.

    Thanks for sharing your wild and crazy dream Rich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, then I will be the second in line!! Sounds too good to miss! Take care!

    Peace, Nico

    ReplyDelete