Friday, June 17, 2011

Trust30; day 18: Dreams

Abide in the simple and noble regions of thy life, obey thy heart. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Write down your top three dreams. Now write down what’s holding you back from them.


"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imaged, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau

I will be delighted to spell out, in public, my three cherished dreams. I do this with the deliberate intent of allowing them to become as real in physicality as they are in thought form. I decline the invitation of giving any "air time" as to what's holding them back.

Why? Very simple. I know that whatever we give our attention to, makes that thing stronger; we "illumine" it with our energy. You could say that "attention is everything," the juice or spark of life.

I am not in denial that there exists the "other side" of all dreams. Really, that's how it is with anything and everything; This is way it must be in this world of duality. It goes with the territory.

Given that I have chosen to "advance confidently in the direction of my dreams" and am marveling at the things that I am seeing line up before my delighted eyes, why plug into the contrast? It's served it's sole purpose; the birthing of my dreams. I choose to let it be, with appreciation for the role it has played.

With that, I relish this triple helping of vibrational delight! Please pardon if I throw in a few of my favorite quotes as appetizers with each. It will serve to "cleanse the creational palate" between each course.

* * *

"Just because a man lacks the use of his eyes doesn't mean he lacks vision." -Stevie Wonder

"Nothing happens unless first a dream." - Carl Sandburg

Have I mentioned to you before how much I love the island of Maui? The funny thing about my "island paradise" is this; I never wanted to go there.

Seriously.

My beloved and I had only known each other a couple of months and we were joking about things we loved to do, whether real or "flights of fancy." Suddenly, almost as if a dormant seed shrugged off a long hibernation, we both said, "Maui."

I had always said that Tahiti was the exotic locale I wanted to experience as they typically receive as many visitors in a year as the state of Hawaii gets in a week!

That thought was gone and an unexplained passion to travel to Maui was born. That was February/March, 2000. Neither of us had any imaginable way to afford this trip.

We stepped off of the plane eight months later in November and my life has never been the same since. That was the first of three visits in a four year stretch with an additional one to Oahu thrown in for good measure. One of the trips was a reward for being a top producing salesperson.

To this day, I still don't know how all of the pieces came together. I am very appreciative that they did and I eagerly anticipate the yearly experience of wintering on Maui. I see myself writing and giving seminars during those months.

I also plan on kicking back and delighting in the constant discoveries of beauty and power that await me in myriad form.

Yes, I am smiling broadly as I write these words.

* * *

"Everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was." - Robert Louis Stevenson

"Put your heart, mind, intellect and soul even to your smallest acts. This is the secret of success." - Swami Sivananda


I grew up in New Jersey with a great love; the seashore. Specifically, the Jersey shore.

As a small child my parents would take us on long car trips to spend a week or more at the vacation homes of friends. We experienced the thrill of sand and surf, the heady intoxication of gambling away loose change on games of chance, first attempting to win toys and later, records and tapes by our favorite bands.

If I tried to give you a taste of all of the sensory delights, the memories of countless hours of body surfing (and almost dying,) the tribal rituals of boys and girls in the throes of puberty (and way too much time on their hands,) the boardwalk food... I could fill volumes.

As I grew older, the "wild oats" were well behind me. I fell in love with the southernmost point of the state, literally the "tip" of New Jersey; the Victorian seaside resort of Cape May.

It has a lovely but small beach. Tidal erosion keeps sending all of their sand up to Wildwood, a short distance north. (That resort has so much sand that it feels like walking across the Sahara before you even hear the ocean, much less see it!) The restaurants here are world class and diverse. The seafood is fresh and bountiful.

They even have a location named "Sunset beach." It sits facing the Delaware bay in such a direction that you get the sun setting into the water just as one would on the west coast. Imagine that, seeing the sun rise and set over the Atlantic in the same town!

My love and I have picked out our home here. We saw it as it was being built and absolutely fell in love with this "upside down" dwelling (the bedrooms are on the ground floor and the living space upstairs.) Someone else is "care taking" it for us now without being aware that they are doing so. We knew that this was our home from the day we laid eyes on it; That has never changed over the years.

I hope to entertain several groups of friends and fellow creators in this wonderful locale as we spend April through October there. I see it as a place of love and inspired creativity. I bet that you will as well.

* * *

"Ask yourself the secret of your success. Listen to your answer, and practice it." - Richard Bach

"Success is a journey, not a destination." - Ben Sweetland


I love what I do. I am very good at it.

I think that is why I am as good as I am; I believe in what I do, heart, mind and soul.

I also know that I am utilizing the gifts that were given me and that I continue to develop in this life story of mine.

This is truly a good feeling, one that I wish for you all.

My final dream is really not such a great stretch. I get to lecture, train and teach extremely diverse groups of people about sales skills and technology. I also weave in a great deal of what I have seen "work" in this life and the required mindset and heart-sense to make it so.

I force nothing on anyone. I value my happiness more than that. If I make my peace contingent on anyone "getting it," whatever "it" may be, I have just set myself up for massive failure because that is not within my control.

If I trust that the right people are being brought to me through their desires, via an evolving life story and expanding journey, then all I need do is give them my heart, mind, intellect and soul. There's no danger of any of these running out as they are of Source, not self.

My feedback and results tell me that I am keeping true to my course with this approach. Many people go out of their way and honor me by sharing how educated and entertained they were and how it has altered their point of view.

The honor is all mine.

I understand that this is all getting bigger. I see it, feel it and know it in my heart.

So my final dream, now placed "out there" and shared with all of you, is that I allow it to be.

* * *

With that, I leave you with a "triple play" of quotes. Enjoy!


"To do is to be." - Socrates

"To be is to do." - Plato

"Do be do be do." - Sinatra



No comments:

Post a Comment