Thursday, June 2, 2011

Trust30, day 3: One Strong Belief


It is easy in the world to live after the world’s opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude. - Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance

The world is powered by passionate people, powerful ideas, and fearless action. What’s one strong belief you possess that isn’t shared by your closest friends or family? What inspires this belief, and what have you done to actively live it?

I would have to say that the strongest belief that I hold that isn't shared by many around me is that we are 100% responsible for creating our own world. The things that we encounter, the people that we meet and the lives that we author are totally our creation. The live that I create may be because of thoughts held either consciously or unconsciously but it does not change the fact that I accept the responsibility for my life.

I have shared this with several people over the years and some have embraced it in their own way. I always live it in this fashion; if I meet someone and this subject comes up, I will discuss it because that could be an important moment for either (or both) of us. I choose to accept that moment and go with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment