Sunday, June 5, 2011

Trust30, day 6: Come Alive




Life wastes itself while we are preparing to live. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you had one week left to live, would you still be doing what you’re doing now? In what areas of your life are you preparing to live? Take them off your To Do list and add them to a To Stop list. Resolve to only do what makes you come alive.

Bonus: How can your goals improve the present and not keep you in a perpetual “always something better” spiral?

A comment as I begin this post; I am very glad that I both discovered and decided to commit to this project. The daily questions and considerations that are being brought up are some of the items that I have most desired to embrace AND avoid for a good portion of my life. The "dynamic tension" of these situations are teetering on "dynamic atrophy" and thus I have decided to begin deliberate action rather than letting them wither away.

The picture of the runner in the starting blocks is perhaps the best way that I can show myself how uncomfortable it can become if you simply hear, "On your mark... get set... get set... get set..." in a continual "life loop." I wouldn't want to be stuck in that position and now, I am choosing to finally "go."

With one week left to live, would I be doing what I am doing now? That's an easy one; No.

I enjoy much of the travel. Taking advantage of the time to visit Niagara Falls late at night this past week put me in a moment of deep appreciation for marrying the opportunity with the experience. That was a delight. Still, I would schedule these moments on a kinder schedule for body, mind and spirit. There is much to be gained in savoring the pleasures of life whenever given the occasion.

Therein lies "the book." I have had a book within me for a great deal of my life. I even wrote one called "The Abundance Club" over five years ago and shared it with a variety of people who said they either enjoyed it or it gave them pause to stop and think about their lives.

I never submitted it for any kind of professional or publishing consideration.

It is that kind of "success neutering" that I am placing on the "To Stop" list. What gives my soul room to expand in joy is the idea of writing the newest version of that book and going out to share it with those who are open to the ideas contained within.

Writing this now will give me all the encouragement that I need to make the process real. The finished book is sitting within and I know that I eagerly await the experience of sharing it with the world. This alone will create a life pattern that is open to always becoming more, always getting better.


No comments:

Post a Comment